Saturday, November 10, 2012

Saturday Centus

I have decided to join Jenny Matlock on her 133 Saturday Centus. In case you do not know what this is, Jenny chooses a prompt and we write a post about it. This week's prompt is "The pain was excruciating" There is a limit of 104 words including the prompt. To read other's, click here

I lay on the table and hear the buzzing of the needle. It pricks at my back, stinging me. The pain was excruciating. I think why am I putting myself through this? It's my 3rd tattoo, I should be use to the pain. But this time, it is worse than before. I close my eyes and tune out all the sounds. My trance is interrupted by a voice. "All done" the artist says. I stand up and he gives me a mirror. I position it to see my work of art. It is beautiful.

fuzzy pic not fuzzy tattoo


4 comments:

Viki said...

Yikes, I don't think I could ever put myself through that pain on purpose, ha.

Dreaming said...

I haven't had a tattoo, but I understand that it can be very painful - some areas worse than others. The butterfly/kissing faces is beautiful. Is this your art? I think it is one of the prettiest I have seen.

Tgoette said...

Cool Centus! I don't have a tattoo, but mostly because I could never think of a design I wanted to permanently have. My wife has 4 though. Nice choice of design!

Jenny said...

It's beautiful!

I am afeared of needles ... shudder...

...so I never attempt this.

But I've seen your other ones and they look great!

It's good seeing you here.

How are things?

How are the kids?

How are YOU???? Other than sporting a new tat!

Post a Comment