Thursday, November 10, 2011

B Is For Beginnings

Bill and Me 1995

I like to hear about how people met their spouse. I thought I would share our story for Alphabe-Thursday.

B Is For Beginnings.

I met Bill in the summer of 1994. I had recently divorced Ben's dad and was living with my sister in a duplex off of 6th street. My sister was at work when her friend, Yvonne, dropped by. Bill was with her and she introduced us. I had seen Bill before. He worked at a factory I had quit a few months earlier. He seemed like a nice guy but I wasn't in the mood for a relationship. Later that day, Yvonne called and asked if I wanted to go to the bar with her, her boyfriend and Bill. Sure, I thought, one drink couldn't hurt. One drink turned into several and we ended up staying at the bar until closing time.

The next day, Bill stopped by and he had one of those cheesy, plastic roses you can buy from the gas station. I thought that was sweet. and the rest, as they say, is history.

Linking up to Jenny Matlock

Jenny Matlock

9 comments:

Judie said...

My husband and I met in the fourth grade. We went all through school together, and married other people. We renewed our friendship at our 25th high school reunion, and were married the following June. We have been married for 25 years.

Brenda said...

My hubs and I just had our 15th anniversary yesterday. We met at work. Have a great evening.

Lauren said...

Hi! you have a fab blog! i love your sense of humor, too!

Steph said...

Everyone's story is unique and interesting. Great idea for a post.

Esther Joy said...

I agree with Steph - everyone's story is unique and interesting. I met my husband in Walmart in the health and beauty department - best thing I ever got at Walmart!

anitamombanita said...

Fun. I met my hubby on-line. Yup, it's true. Long story, but a good one. On-line's definitely not for everyone, and I advise caution and lots of it for those who attempt this approach. Turns out that we had lots of common threads in our lives, and many which included people with whom we could check each other out. Life is good and we're very happy.

I missed the posting deadline for Alphabe-Thursday this week...feel free to stop by, tho... :)

Visits With Mary said...

Met Mr D at the drug store..yep, they weren't pharmacies back then..I was working the fountain when he came in, love at first sight for me. We'll be married 49 years in December. Goodness the years have flown by...See ya again..}}smiles}}

Jenny said...

Awww Becky, this is so darned sweet.

Loved this.

I met my husband at a business meeting. We were fighting for the same client and I told him to back off! ha!

Thanks for the smile.

A+

Jenny said...

PS Loved the picture of you two!

Post a Comment