Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Is For Annoyed

For the past few days, I have been annoyed by everything and anything. It started on Monday when I went to Goodwill and could not find anything for resale. Nothing, nada. Not in the whole store. I did find an Elvis Teddy Bear that sings "Won't you be my teddy bear" in Elvis's voice that I thought would be a good seller. If only I had a phone with Internet, I could have looked it up and seen these do not sell.


Tuesday, I was annoyed because my favorite thrift store opened in a new location and instead of the cheap prices I had grown accustomed to, it was overpriced. Sure the store was nice, clean and organized but I would rather dig through boxes of dusty stuff to get a bargain than pay $45 for a used set of plates. I didn't even bother checking out the other items.

Last night I was beyond annoyed and into the pissed area. First it started with a message from a buyer who had bought 4 glass goblets. She asked that I pack them securely in bubble wrap so they arrive safely and not broken. Oh Really??? I was just going to throw them in a poly mailer and hope for the best.

Then the stupid cable company was having problems with their audio, so I could not watch Survivor. They did manage to fix it the last 10 minutes of the show. The music they played during the show was so annoying, I could have thrown my soda at the tv.

Last, but not least, was this morning. Robbie had a follow up doctor's visit and was diagnosed with over active bladder syndrome. She prescribed some medicine and, of course, Walgreens did not have it available. Then I realized that Ryker must have thrown out Robbies insurance card when he was playing in my purse on Monday at the store. So I had to call and got the automated voice asking for the member's id number. Ummm, Yeah, about that. I LOST the dang card so how the heck am I suppose to know the number? I finally got a real person who then took all my information and then proceeded to tell me that I could not request a card because I was not Robbie's payee. (He is on SSI) I had to hand the phone over to my husband and he had to repeat all the information.

I also got a package this afternoon, a clock I won from Ebay. Instead of wrapping it, they just threw it in a box along with some crumpled newspaper. Talk about not caring. And then the clock mechanism was not tight so I had to put that back on. So far it is working but I'm still annoyed.

and to top it all off, my hubby just pocket called me. How annoying is that????

linking to Jenny Matlock

Jenny Matlock

7 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Sounds like stormy weather for you lately! Hope the sun comes out soon.

=)

PS. I had a lady actually send me some cups I won on ebay without any packing at all. She just put them in a box and mailed them. Somehow, one survived. To top things off, she thought I was unreasonable for making her reimburse me!

anitamombanita said...

Haha..I could find a million things about which to be annoyed, but then I get annoyed with myself for being so annoyable and then I probably get annoying to my family but they're much to nice to complain and then I'm annoyed about them being so dang nice all the time... LOL. Hope you have an annoyance free week!

Maggie said...

Wow! That's a lot to put up with, no wonder you're annoyed.
Hope the weekend treats you more kindly.

Judie said...

Around here, that is referred to as a "butt call." I get annoyed with those as well. But I REALLY got annoyed that I drove to Michael's to get a certain item that I have been using for YEARS, and guess what! That's right! They don't carry it any more!!!

The Poet said...

Hello.
Oh dear...sounds like you had one hell of a week! Whenever things are not going as planned, I look at myself in the mirror & have a good laugh or stand there just smiling at myself. Works wonders to change my mood (lol).
Let's hope this week will be brighter for you.

Thanks for sharing.

Autumn

Jenny said...

I'm sorry. Really. I'm laughing WITH you and not AT you!

It sure seems like things keep getting more complicated, doesn't it?

Sometimes I just write a really mean, snarky letter to the universe and then delete it.

It helps a tiny bit.

Sending you a hug and a hope that sunny skies find you soon!

A+

Frances said...

Opting for poly mailers would definitely take care of those items you're about to ship. You just won't "hope for the best" since these kinds of mailers would definitely do the job for your needs.

Post a Comment