Thursday, September 1, 2011

T Is For Twins

I am a twin. We are not identical but sometimes relatives confuse us. Growing up, we were referred to as "the twins" or "Dave and etta's girls" We never had our own identity.  Birthday parties and birthday cakes were shared. We shared toys. We shared a bedroom. We even shared an older sister.

Sarah is on the right I am on the left

It is great being a twin. You always had someone to play with. You never started a new school alone. And you had an extra wardrobe even though when we were little, my mom dressed us alike.

snazzy jumpsuits from the 80's

I am the older twin by 30 minutes. Had we waited another day, we could have been April Fools Day babies but we were impatient and arrived early. You know who else is a twin? My mom but unfortunately her twin died shortly after we were born. I don't have any pictures of my mom and her twin but here is a more recent picture of "Dave and etta's girls".

Sarah on right I am on left

linking up to Jenny Matlock

Jenny Matlock

10 comments:

Judie said...

My son and his wife have twins! A boy and a girl!! You have probably seen photos of them on my left sidebar. They really are wonderful companions for each other! Great "T" post!!

Anonymous said...

I have twin nephews that look nothing alike. They are so totally different there's no way they could be lumped together.

SarahBeth said...

I remember going to elementary school with some fraternal twins - girls, one a blonde, the other a brunette. I always wondered how they could be twins when they didn't look alike! In fact, one was a good friend, the other not so much! Different in personalities too!
(Thanks for stopping by my blog -- my first post for Alphabe-Thursday!)

lissa said...

cute twins! I always wanted a twin. I can do with the extra wardrobe.

have a lovely day.

Wantapeanut said...

My dad is an identical twin. They have the best stories :)

Barbara Rosenzweig said...

Enjoyed your post!

Thanks for stopping by!

Ames said...

Sorry for your loss. My sister -in-law is a twin and she says she is so close to her sister that they can sense or feel each others pain and anguish. Strange! Regardless it is nice to have a sister. I have three.~Ames

Birgit said...

So nice to get to know you and your twin! :)

Greetings from Germany,
Birgit

PS: See my T post here! :)

Catherine said...

I love, love, love this post! (because I love, love, love, twins!!) You were beautiful babies, adorable girls, (and as another who lived through the 80's, I even love the jumpsuits!) I'm so glad to see you and your sister are still close. I wish this for my boys!
I wrote a guest post this week about twins.. http://www.shespeaks.com/What-to-Do-About-Twins
Thanks for stopping by my blog to visit!
-Catherine

Jenny said...

Our daughter-in-law is a twin. I can't even imagine having someone that is a mirror of you (they are identical)

Loved the pictures of you both. You really have the same smile...bright and lovely.

Thanks for a terrific link to Alphabe-Thursday this week.

A+

Post a Comment