Friday, July 15, 2011

Love is a battlefield...

especially when you are raising a toddler. Everything is a battle, from the moment he wakes up until the moment he crashes at night. Want him to get dressed? Nope, not going to happen. Want him to eat breakfast? Nope, not gonna happen. Want him to pick up his toys? Nope, not going to happen. Want him to take a nap? Nope, not going to happen. You get my point right? Since when did my sweet angelic baby become so defiant?


I can't tell you the exact day and time but I can tell you I am so over this. I wish this stage would pass but I know it is just the beginning of long days of power struggles, nos and down right naughtiness. Was I this bad as a child? No wonder my dad has no hair. He probably pulled it all out dealing with me. And since I am a twin, it probably went twice as fast.



I love my Ryker with all my heart but man is his behavior trying. I'm not even sure how to deal with it. Yes, I have raised 3 other boys but I don't remember it being this hard. Maybe because I am older, worn down and just plain tired.

I try to pick my battles. If he doesn't want to get dressed, that's fine. We are not going anywhere. If he doesn't eat breakfast, we just try again later. And the picking up the toys? I have yet to meet a toddler willing to do that. and eventually at naptime, he wears himself down and falls asleep. The one battle I can not ignore is his hitting, pulling my hair and throwing toys. When he does this, I tell him no and put him in his room on Robbie's bed. He hates being in time out but I have no other solutions. How do you deal with your child's bad behavior?


0 comments:

Post a Comment