Friday, August 19, 2011

Cavities? Yup I Gots Them

Apparently I brush Robbie's teeth better than I brush my own. Robbie: zero cavities Me: 2 cavities I hate going to the dentist office. I haven't been in over 5 years and now I am paying for it. The blame isn't mine alone though. I do not have insurance and dentists are expensive. After being on a waiting list at the low income clinic for over a year, I finally got my family in. Since Robbie grinds his teeth, he got the first appointment. No cavities Teeth all nice and clean. William was next. Likewise no cavities but since he has a heart problem, they could not clean his teeth without discussing it with his heart doctor. Bill had an appointment on Wednesday where he was told he would not be seen unless he got some antibiotics from his heart doctor. I had my appointment today.


Imagine brushing these

Going to the dentist is one of the top ten places I hate to go, right up there with the ob/gyn and Walmart. I have bad breath and do not care for people to be poking around in my mouth. The last time I went, I got my wisdom teeth pulled out (around 2005) Not only do I have cavities and bad breath, I suffer from bleeding gums. All my symptoms point to periodontal disease and this visit confirmed it. Yes, I have moderate periodontal disease and require a deep cleaning. Fun times Fun times. I haven't got the cleaning appointment scheduled but I go back Tuesday to get my cavity filled. At least it's not a pap smear!

1 comments:

Daydreamer said...

I can't think of a single person who enjoys a visit to the dentist. I never have, never will. Thank goodness you're finally getting seen though.

Post a Comment