Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Q Is For Quiet

Without these:


Robbie's world is quiet. Can you imagine never hearing the birds sing, never hearing the laughter of children, never hearing the crash of waves against the shore? I can't. Sure some days when the children are fighting, the dog is barking, and the phone is ringing, all I could wish for is peace and quiet. But not the kind of quiet Robbie hears. Thankfully Robbie's world isn't completely filled with silence. With the help of these aides, he can hear some loud noises. I'm not sure if he can hear the birds sing but I am sure he can hear Ryker laugh and perhaps one day if we ever make it back to the ocean, he will be able to hear the waves crash against the shore.

linking to Jenny Matlock

Jenny Matlock


11 comments:

Vicki/Jake said...

Awww, but for the grace of God.....

This is a bitter sweet post this week, but a humbling one also.

I hope you make it to the ocean soon.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for such a poignant reminder that what we hearing folks sometimes crave is a life sentence for others.

Kiddothings said...

I'm sorry to know that about Robbie. These surely are wonderful inventions and I'm glad Robbie has the opportunity to use them.

Unknown said...

I am so glad he has these to help him hear the world.

Gattina said...

Yes, I agree this is a bitter sweet post !

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I am really hoping that Robbie gets to hear the ocean....

You'll let us know when that happens, won't you?

xxoo,

RMW

Susan Anderson said...

I'm glad those aids help, and I hope that he will be able hear the ocean, which is one of my favorite sounds.

I also hope that future discoveries allow him to hear many more beautiful things!

=)

ellen b. said...

That's great that Robbie has aids to help. I can't imagine what it's like to not be able to hear clearly...

Judie said...

Is he a candidate for a cochlear implant?

Cheryl D. said...

That's great that the hearing aids can help him hear a little bit. I bet they'll keep perfecting the technology, and one day, your guy will be able to hear everything!

Jenny said...

I couldn't figure out what the picture was at first...and then I read your bitter-sweet post and realized those beautiful happy colors are what allows him to hear.

Oh my.

Becky, this was a touching post. I am quite moved.

Hugs and A+

Post a Comment