Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Supper Time At Bedtime?

Ryker has made a game out of eating supper. If he is not ready to eat, he will simply throw all his food on the floor. Today was no exception. The minute that first nugget hit the floor, I took his food away. I waited a few minutes and asked if he was ready to eat. He doesn't talk so I took his grin to be a yes. I gave back the food and bam, another nugget on the floor. Fine, we won't eat right now. I took the rest of his food away and put it in the fridge. He got down to play and 3 hours later, I remembered he hadn't eaten supper yet. He was already in his crib and screaming his head off. I put him back at the table and gave him his supper. Guess what? He didn't throw a single morsel.


Following is the conversation I had with my hubby after putting Ryker to bed.

Me: Guess who just finished eating supper?

Hubby: I don't know.

Me: Ryker. I forgot that he hadn't eaten his supper so I just fed him now.

Hubby: You are such a bad mom

Me: Well at least I finally remembered.

Hubby: This is why I don't like you going anywhere with them. You'll probably forget about one and leave them in the store.

Me: I'm not that bad.

Hubby: silence

Me: No, really I'm not

In my defence, I usually do not forget to feed my kids. It has just been one of those days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment